What is CTE Works?
CTE Works is a set of offsite career education courses offered to students in RJUHSD. These courses are meant to give students skills they need to prepare for and succeed in higher education and a career in a specialized field. Classes are both theoretical and practical and almost all include an internship or job placement. Students will learn real world skills associated with their career of interest and will have the chance to practice these skills in a hands-on setting.
WHAT COURSES CAN I TAKE?
Courses available to RJUHSD students include Clinical Medical Assisting, Health Careers, Integrated Animal Science, Dental Careers, Fire Science, AP Computer Science A, and Architecture, Construction, and Engineering. Find out more about each course here .
Am I eligible?
- Be a Junior or Senior (Seniors get priority)
- Have Reliable Transportation to and from Your Course & Internship Site
- Be 16 or Older
- Have room in your schedule (CTE courses run all year and require 2 periods per semester)
- Have Counselor Approval
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Step 1 - Pick Up a CTE Works Application from the Front Office or download it here
Step 2 - Complete All Fields and Turn in to Ms. Goudy
Step 3 - Receive instructions from Ms. Goudy & Sign Up Online
Step 4 - Verify that Ms. Goudy received your request
What's the Commitment?
By signing up for a CTE Works class, you are committing to:
- A Full Year Class (with no drop options)
- Not Graduating Early
- Attending an Offsite Course and Internship at a location that may be 15-45 minutes away
- Purchasing necessary uniform
Most Popular Programs
Below are some of the most popular CTE Works Courses. Click on the image to learn more about these programs.