Through KP LAUNCH, Kaiser Permanente offers unique and dynamic health care internship programs that provide interns with practical job skills and experiences in a supportive environment. Our goal is to bring students coming from underserved communities and backgrounds underrepresented in health care careers into the KP LAUNCH program for exposure to various business and healthcare careers.
KP LAUNCH interns will have the opportunity to:
- Work full-time within various Kaiser Permanente departments for eight weeks
- Learn about a variety of different health careers opportunities
- Meet and learn from health professionals and their internship program peers
- Gain professional and personal development through workshops
The summer 2019 program is scheduled to take place between Monday, June 10 and end by Friday, August 9 over a course of eight weeks at a Northern California Kaiser Permanente facility closest to the student’s home.
If you or your students are interested and qualified for this program, please apply online at our website between Monday, December 17, 2019 at 9 a.m. and Monday, January 14, 2019 by 9 a.m. PST.
- Must be between the ages of 16 and 19 by June 1, 2019
- Must be enrolled in high school; general education degree (GED) program with no previous college experience since graduating from high school
- Must have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher
- Must have an interest in working in a healthcare environment
- Must be able to work full-time, 40 hours per week during the eight-week program
- Must undergo and pass all Kaiser Permanente employment requirements to include: providing proof of the legal right to work in the United States; a background check (if ages 18 or over); and a drug and health screening
Applicants who are dependents of Kaiser Permanente employees are ineligible to participate in the KP LAUNCH summer internship programs. Please refer to our website if you have any questions. You may contact a program representative for further questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on the KP Launch College Program (for students starting college in the fall or currently in college) see here.